In general, garage doors are pretty reliable, but they may eventually need repairs. If you live in the Bakersfield area and need garage door repair, Kern Door Company has you covered.
We offer prompt service, and our garage door repair experts have experience working with all types of residential and commercial doors.
Call (661) 380-7319 today if you need garage door repair in the Bakersfield area.
Common Garage Door Issues
You should contact us if:
- Your garage door doesn’t close or only closes partially. If your garage door opens correctly but closes partially or won’t close all the way, you might need to have the close-limit switch adjusted. It’s also possible that the safety sensors need realignment or adjustment. Less frequent causes are rusted or damaged rollers or bent tracks.
- Your garage door doesn’t open or only partially opens. When the garage door stops short of fully open or doesn’t open at all, it’s likely one of two problems: the limit switch might need to be moved toward the motor unit, or the rollers may be damaged.
- There’s a loud grinding noise when your garage door opens or closes. If there are loud noises when your garage door opens or closes, particularly grinding or squeaking sounds, the problem is likely with the rollers. Regular maintenance that includes lubricating the rollers can help.
- Your garage door can be manually opened without using the opener or security pad. You want to be able to manually open your garage door when the power is out, but if anyone can open the door at any time, you have a security risk.
- The motor runs, but the garage door doesn’t open. There might be a problem with the motor, the garage door opener might have a broken gear or part of the garage door could be failing to engage with the opener.
- The glass in your garage door is broken. You always want to fix broken garage door glass as quickly as possible for safety and security.
Whether something is wrong with the door’s motor, springs, cables, rollers or track — or there’s another issue altogether — we’ll determine what the problem is and fix it quickly and efficiently.
Why It Pays To Hire a Professional To Repair Your Garage Door
It’s nearly always more convenient and wise to call a professional for garage door repairs. The door’s weight and many moving parts mean someone unfamiliar with how a garage door operates could easily get hurt.
Other reasons to call a professional include:
- You’ll save time and money, and a professional garage door repair gives you peace of mind knowing the job is done right.
- Work done by a professional comes with a warranty, so if something unexpected happens, you can get a free adjustment or repair.
- If the garage door is damaged by something covered by your homeowners insurance, you may be required to have the work done by a professional to get reimbursed.
Ensure peace of mind and hire a pro to repair your Bakersfield garage door. Contact Kern Door online or call (661) 380-7319.
Top-Rated Commercial Garage Door Repair
Commercial buildings and structures like parking garages, fire stations, distribution centers, warehouses, automotive service businesses and storage facilities require larger and heavier garage doors to protect the company’s valuable assets.
Inefficient, outdated or inoperable commercial garage doors can affect your business’s productivity and safety. Kern Door Company has the expertise and experience to tackle any commercial garage door repair.
Common Repairs for Commercial Garage Doors
Commercial garage doors tend to get a lot of use. That means they often experience more damage and malfunctions than residential garage doors.
Typical repairs for commercial garage doors include:
- Replacing worn-out rollers. Commercial garage door rollers eventually wear down or come off the track. Corroded or heavily damaged rollers must be repaired or replaced to ensure the smooth operation of the door.
- Repairing or replacing misaligned metal tracks. When tracks suffer a heavy impact or get corroded, they can slip out of alignment. Sometimes they can be repaired if the problem is addressed quickly. Most misaligned tracks worsen over time, which can lead to an entire overhead system replacement.
- Repairing or replacing damaged cables. Worn or broken cables can cause issues with opening and closing your garage door.
- Repairing or replacing damaged springs. Rusted or broken springs are a frequent cause of commercial garage door malfunctions.
- Repairing or replacing damaged motors.
If you have issues opening and closing your commercial garage doors or if they shake or make unexpected noises, it’s time to seek professional repairs.
Kern Door Company offers exceptional commercial garage door repairs to businesses throughout the greater Bakersfield, CA, area.
Manufacturers and brands we service include:
- Porvene Doors
- Cookson Door
- Wayne Dalton
- Windsor Door
- C.H.I. Overhead Doors
Hire professionals to repair your Bakersfield area’s commercial garage doors.
Contact Kern Door Company today at (661) 380-7319.
Choose Kern Door Company
No matter your needs, trust our professionals to handle them quickly and efficiently. You’re in good hands with Kern Door Company.
Contact Kern Door Company today at (661) 380-7319.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why doesn’t my garage door stay closed?
This can result from a few issues, but the most common is a problem with the limit settings. That means the garage door’s control mechanism thinks it’s fully closed when it’s not, so it doesn’t close the rest of the way or hold fast. Regardless of the cause, it’s an issue you’ll want a professional to look at.
Can I replace one section of my garage door, or do I need to replace the entire door?
It depends on the issue you have. Sometimes, damage limited to a few panels can be repaired without a full garage door replacement. But often, the damage extends to structural issues elsewhere that will cause trouble if left unattended. Your garage door contractor will let you know your options.
How do I know if my garage door is balanced?
You can do a balance test by closing the door from the inside, detaching it from the opener with the manual release, then opening and closing it a bit before leaving it at the halfway point.
It should stay in place instead of popping open or falling closed. If it’s off-balance enough that you can feel it wanting to fall before you let go, stop the test there and call a garage door company.