In general, garage doors are pretty reliable, but there may come a time when you need repair. If you live in Bakersfield or a surrounding area in Kern County and need garage door repair, Kern Door Company has you covered! Not only do we offer prompt service, but our garage door repair experts have experience working with all different types of residential and commercial doors.
Do You Need to Repair Your Bakersfield Garage Door?
You should contact us if:
- Your garage door doesn’t close or only closes partially:. Suppose your garage door opens correctly but won’t close either all the way or partially. You might need to have the close-limit switch adjusted. It’s possible, too, the safety sensors need realignment or adjustment. A less frequent cause is rusted or damaged rollers or bent tracks.
- Your garage door doesn’t open or only partially opens: When the garage door stops short of fully open or doesn’t open at all, it’s likely one of two problems: the up-limit switch might need to be moved towards the motor unit, or the rollers may be damaged.
- There is a loud grinding noise when your garage door opens or closes: If there are loud noises when your garage door opens or closes, particularly grinding or squeaking sounds, the problem is likely with the rollers. Regular maintenance that includes lubricating the rollers can help.
- Your garage door can be manually opened without using the opener or security pad: You want to be able to manually open your garage door when the power is out, but if anyone can open the door at any time, you have a security risk.
- The motor runs but the garage door doesn’t open: There might be a problem with the motor itself, the garage door opener might have a broken gear or part, or the garage door could be failing to engage with the opener.
- The glass in your garage door is broken: For safety and security reasons, you always want to fix broken garage door glass as quickly as possible.
Whether something is wrong with the door’s motor, springs and cables or rollers/track—or there is another issue altogether—we will determine what the problem is and fix it quickly and efficiently.
Why It Pays to Hire a Professional to Repair Your Garage Door
It’s nearly always more convenient and wise to call in a professional for repair work on your garage door. The door’s weight and many moving parts mean someone not familiar with how a garage door operates could get hurt pretty easily. Other reasons to call in a pro include:
- Not only will you save time and money, but a professional garage door repair gives you the peace of mind that comes with knowing the job is done right.
- Work done by a professional comes with a warranty, so if something unexpected happens, you can get a free adjustment or repair.
- If the garage door is damaged by something covered by your homeowners insurance policy, you may be required to have the work done by a professional to get reimbursed.
Garage Door Repair in Bakersfield, CA & Surrounding Areas in Kern County
No matter your needs, trust our professionals to handle it quickly and efficiently. You’re in good hands with Kern Door Company.