In general, garage doors are pretty reliable, but there may come a time when you need repair. If you live in Bakersfield or a surrounding area in Kern County and need garage door repair, Kern Door Company has you covered! Not only do we offer prompt service, but our garage door repair experts have experience working with all different types of residential and commercial doors.
Do You Need to Repair Your Bakersfield Garage Door?
You should contact us if:
- Your garage door doesn’t close or only closes partially. Suppose your garage door opens correctly but closes partially or won’t close all the way. You might need to have the close-limit switch adjusted. It’s possible, too, the safety sensors need realignment or adjustment. A less frequent cause is rusted or damaged rollers or bent tracks.
- Your garage door doesn’t open or only partially opens. When the garage door stops short of fully open or doesn’t open at all, it’s likely one of two problems: the limit switch might need to be moved towards the motor unit or the rollers may be damaged.
- There is a loud grinding noise when your garage door opens or closes. If there are loud noises when your garage door opens or closes, particularly grinding or squeaking sounds, the problem is likely with the rollers. Regular maintenance that includes lubricating the rollers can help.
- Your garage door can be manually opened without using the opener or security pad. You want to be able to manually open your garage door when the power is out, but if anyone can open the door at any time, you have a security risk.
- The motor runs, but the garage door doesn’t open. There might be a problem with the motor itself, the garage door opener might have a broken gear or part or the garage door could be failing to engage with the opener.
- The glass in your garage door is broken. You always want to fix broken garage door glass as quickly as possible for safety and security.
Whether something is wrong with the door’s motor, springs, cables, rollers or track — or there is another issue altogether — we will determine what the problem is and fix it quickly and efficiently.
Why It Pays to Hire a Professional to Repair Your Garage Door
It’s nearly always more convenient and wise to call in a professional for repair work on your garage door. The door’s weight and many moving parts mean someone unfamiliar with how a garage door operates could get hurt pretty easily. Other reasons to call in a pro include:
- Not only will you save time and money, but a professional garage door repair gives you the peace of mind that comes with knowing the job is done right.
- Work done by a professional comes with a warranty, so if something unexpected happens, you can get a free adjustment or repair.
- If the garage door is damaged by something covered by your homeowner’s insurance policy, you may be required to have the work done by a professional to get reimbursed.
Commercial Garage Door Repair in Bakersfield, CA
Commercial buildings and structures like parking garages, fire stations, distribution centers, warehouses, automotive service businesses and storage facilities require larger and heavier garage doors to protect your company’s valuable assets. Inefficient, outdated or inoperable commercial garage doors can affect your business’s productivity and safety.
Kern Door Company has the expertise and experience needed to tackle any commercial garage door repair job.
Common Repairs for Commercial Garage Doors
Commercial garage doors tend to see a lot of use. That means they can frequently experience more damage and malfunctions than residential garage doors. Typical repair services for commercial garage doors include:
- Replacing worn-out rollers. Commercial garage door rollers eventually wear down or come off the track. Corroded or heavily damaged rollers must be repaired or replaced to ensure the smooth operation of the door.
- Repairing or replacing misaligned metal tracks. When tracks suffer a heavy impact or become corroded, they can slip out of alignment. Sometimes they can be repaired if the problem is addressed quickly. Most misaligned tracks worsen over time, which can lead to an entire overhead system replacement.
- Repairing or replacing damaged cables. Worn or broken cables can cause issues with opening and closing your garage door.
- Repair or replacing damaged springs. Rusted or broken springs are a frequent culprit behind commercial garage door malfunctions.
- Repairing or replacing damaged motors.
If you have issues opening and closing your commercial garage doors or if they shake or make unexpected noises, it’s time to seek repair assistance from the pros.
Kern Door Company offers exceptional commercial garage door repair services to businesses throughout the greater Bakersfield, CA, area. Manufacturers and brands we service include:
- Porvene Doors
- Cookson Door
- Wayne Dalton
- Windsor Door
- C.H.I. Overhead Doors
Hire the professionals to repair your Bakersfield area’s commercial garage doors!
Contact Kern Door Company online today or give us a call at (661) 380-7319.
Garage Door Repair in Bakersfield, CA & Surrounding Areas in Kern County
No matter your needs, trust our professionals to handle it quickly and efficiently. You’re in good hands with Kern Door Company.
Contact Kern Door Company today or give us a ring at (661) 380-7319!